After witnessing the growing interest in the combination of AI and Model-driven engineering (see for instance our MDE Intelligence workshops at Models but similar workshops have popped up in other conferences, like ER , as well), we are now organizing the special issue “AI-enhanced Model-Driven Engineering” to collect and report on the promising results and opportunities in the intersection between the two fields. This special issue will be published by the Sosym Journal and it’s co-organized by Loli Burgueño, Manuel Wimmer, Steffen Zschaler, and myself.
We think this is a great opportunity to showcase how you are making software modeling and development smarter (or the other way around, how you plan to use MDE/low-code to facilitate the creation of smart apps). This special issue is open to anybody working in this area. Download the call for papers or read it below.
Call for papers for the Model-Driven Engineering <-> AI special issue
Over the past years, we have witnessed a substantial rise of Artificial Intelligence (AI) successfully applied to different domains and, whether we are aware of it or not, impacting our daily lives through its presence in almost every device we use. More recently, AI is also starting to impact all aspects of the system and software development lifecycle, from upfront requirements elicitation to their specification, design, testing, deployment, operation and maintenance, with the main goal of helping engineers produce systems and software faster and with better quality while being able to handle the increasing complexity.
At the same time, Model-Driven Engineering (MDE), which aims to reduce the accidental complexity of system and software development as well as to make the intrinsic complexity of software-intensive systems more manageable, has proven to improve software development and is being used increasingly in the software industry.
The integration of AI components may increase the current benefits of MDE processes and tools, pushing the limits of “classic” MDE and providing software systems engineers with the right techniques to develop the next generation of highly complex model-based systems.
The Journal of Software and Systems Modeling (SoSyM) invites original, high-quality submissions for its theme issue on “AI-enhanced Model-Driven Engineering” focusing on topics related to the application of AI to enhance MDE processes and tools, including but not limited to :
- AI planning applied to modelling, meta-modelling, and model management;
- AI-empowered model-based testing, validation and verification;
- Modeling assistants such as bots, chatbots and virtual recommenders supporting modeling tasks;
- (Semi-)automatic model inferencers and generators;
- Self-adapting model transformations and code generators;
- AI-based user interface adaptation for modeling tools;
- AI with human-in-the-loop for modeling;
- Semantic reasoning platforms over domain-specific models;
- Semantic integration of design-time models with runtime data;
- Perception AI and modeling;
- Data, process, and model mining and categorization;
- Integration of search-based approaches for modelling support and automatic modelling;
Communicate your intent to submit a paper by emailing the theme issue editors (at [email protected]) the following information before the Intent to Submit deadline: Title, Authors, and an Abstract.
Feel free to reach us for further clarification or questions!!!