Does software modeling pay? – Empirical studies in UML (presentation)
The announcement of Michel Chaudron’s talk AT the Jeudi des Modèles conference series: Modeling effectively – insights from empirical studies raised some interesting discussions .
For those that could not attend the talk, Michel has upload the slides he used. You can see them here .
There is a lot of information on the slides (and unfortunately, without the context you’ll miss some things) but some quick conclusions of his experiments:
- Modelers economize by focusing on complex and critical parts
- Modeling improves modularity
- Modeling improves understandability
- Modeling has also a somewhat positive influence in the correctness, testabilty and adequate coverage of the requirements.
- Using sequence diagrams reduce defects in the code
Reactions to these results?
Your feedback has been received.