The announcement of Michel Chaudron’s talk AT the Jeudi des Modèles conference series: Modeling effectively – insights from empirical studies raised some interesting discussions .
For those that could not attend the talk, Michel has upload the slides he used. You can see them here .
There is a lot of information on the slides (and unfortunately, without the context you’ll miss some things) but some quick conclusions of his experiments:
- Modelers economize by focusing on complex and critical parts
- Modeling improves modularity
- Modeling improves understandability
- Modeling has also a somewhat positive influence in the correctness, testabilty and adequate coverage of the requirements.
- Using sequence diagrams reduce defects in the code
Reactions to these results?
ICREA Research Professor at Internet Interdisciplinary Institute (UOC). Leader of the SOM Research Lab focusing on the broad area of systems and software engineering. Home page.