ARTIST project has organized, packaged and distributed as open source software projects all the tools you may need to modernize your legacy applications and migrate them to the cloud. You can see them all here or check a specifc category of tools below:
Application Discovery and understanding
- Model Discovery Tool (MDT): Toolbox providing components for model discovery from software artefacts (both from the Java/JEE and C#/.NET worlds). Exemples: UML Class model discoverer from Java, UML Activity model discoverer from Java, SQL Model discoverer, etc
- Model Understanding Toolbox (MUT): Toolbox providing components for model understanding based on discovered UML models including a model component generator, a PIM abstractor and a model export
Set of tools that provide user guidance and customize the migration methodology based on the pre-migration assessment results, for instance, a Web Based tool that provides the business user guidance on the migration process and giving assistance in collaborating with other involved in this migration process.
Migration artefacts reuse and evaluation
For now focusing on a Functional Equivalence Toolbox to compare the functional equivalence between original and migrated application at different levels of abstraction.
Migration Feasibility assessment
- Maturity Assessment Tool (MAT): Tool that assesses the maturity of an application with respect to its migration to the cloud under three dimensions (technical, business, process).
- Technical Feasibility Tool (TFT): Tool that assists modelers in the process to identify the different migrations strategies required to migrate their application components to Cloud, and computes estimations about the complexity and efforts required.
- Business Feasibility Tool (BFT): The BFT toolbox provides components to assess the economic feasibility as well as an overview of the processes that will have to be changed should a migration take place.
- Model Cloudification Framework (MCF): Framework to support the model-based moderinzation of applications by novel cloud offerings.
- Goal Modeling Editor: Languages and editors to specify the objectives of the migration to allow the evaluation of the migration and guide the forward engineering process.
- SP-UML to EDMX/Services Generator: Component generating an EDMX model, together with C# service classes (using the Repository Pattern), from the SharePoint UML Class models.
- DBML-UML to EDMX/Services Generator: Componnet generating an EDMX model, together with C# service classes (using the Repository Pattern), from the DBML UML Class models.
Repository of artefacts
A REST based web service and Java based client API to publish and retrieve artefacts such as UML models, UML profiles, transformations or other file based content from our collection of domain specific reusable MDE artefacts in the repository.
Code-generation for cloud environments
- Target Metamodel: The toolbox offers a modelling language to model cloud service providers (IaaS, PaaS and SaaS) plus an additional set of profiles such as pricing, profiling, availability, and security. As a example, we provide the modelling of three cloud providers, Amazon EC2, Microsoft Azure and Google App Engine.
- Benchmarking Toolset: Toolbox providing components for the performance and availability evaluations of cloud providers.
- Profiling Toolset: Toolbox providing components for profiling an application and classifying it to one of the defined application categories of the benchmarks.
And yet to come some tools to validate and certify that your cloud application conforms to the requirements of your initial legacy version of that same software.
Hope you find them useful! And do not hesitate to visit the forum of each tool or just ask if you have any question/suggestion about the tools