In short, MegaMart2 pretends to build a scalable model-based framework for continuous development (you may also want to read: continuous model-driven engineering) and runtime validation of complex systems. The overall approach of [email protected] is to scale up the use of model-based techniques by offering proper methods and related tooling interacting between both design time and runtime, as well as to validate the designed and developed approach in concrete industrial cases involving complex systems. Thanks to the model-based method, different systems will be able to communicate through the entire development chain, and moreover, it will be possible for systems in operation to feed back the collected data for continued development.
- Significantly increased productivity and quality of system development and shorten time-to-market for complex systems.
- Reinforced European scientific and technological leadership in the design of complex systems.
- Improved competitiveness of European companies that rely on the design and integration of complex systems in their products by reducing design and maintenance costs as well as the time-to-market.
MegaMart involves 27 partners (spread across 6 national clusters) and 9 case studies from very different domains.
The specific scientific and technological objectives include the development of:
- scalable methods and tools for modelling of functional and non-functional properties such as performance, consumption, security and safety with mechanisms for representation of results of runtime analysis.
- scalable methods and tools for application validation at runtime including scalable methods for [email protected], verification and online testing.
- infrastructure for efficient handling and management of numerous, heterogeneous and large models potentially covering several functional and non-functional domains.
- holistic traceability 1) capable to link and manage models and their elements from different tools as well as 2) suitable for large distributed cross-functional working teams.
- specific demonstrators and validate [email protected] technologies through 10 complementary industrial case studies.
Sounds interesting? Read this extended overview of the project.